With effect from 1 June, fares on the Gosport Ferry have been increased by an average of 3% to reflect increased operating costs. The effect is a 10p increase on an adult open return and 50p on a ten-trip open return ticket.
Daily Return Ticket Prices
Key Facts on the Fares
- Increases in fares have been kept to a minimum.
- Operating costs continue to rise. (These costs include the purchase and operating costs of our vessels and lease costs for the Gosport pontoon. Wages remain one of our largest costs).
- Rises also help pay for further investment in ferry services – continuing modernising and refurbishment work at the pontoon at Portsea.
- Regular adult users benefit from a discounted 10 trip ticket. Revised fares now mean just £1.55 per single trip. Tickets are not time or date limited but open-ended.
- Our unlimited travel 30-day “season ticket” at £63.00 gives unlimited ferry travel for that period.
- £1.26 per trip (assuming used 25 days in the month).
- For more frequent users each trip will cost just over £1.00 per trip.
- Park & Float; Unlimited use of Gosport car parks and ferry travel in 30 day period for less than £4.00 per day (assuming used 25 days in the month) – Travel on the ferry for under a £1 a trip.
- Flexible smart travel with the Solent Go travelcard – convenience of topping up online. Travel from just over £1.00 a trip (based on the 91 day ticket).
- Bikes go free in the summer holidays (from 22 July until 3 September) to promote sustainable transport and healthy living choices.
- Family fare £10.30 covers 2 adults and up to three children/ grandparents.
The ferry operates 199 crossings a day (during the week) around 69,500 crossings a year; 18 ½ hours for 364 days a year and with over 99% reliability. The service provides a vital link between the city of Portsmouth and Gosport removing traffic from the very busy A32 and M275, saving a car journey of 14 miles and taking the equivalent of 42 million car miles off the road every year.