With effect from 1 October, the adult return fare on the Gosport Ferry will increase by 10p to £3.80.
Key Facts on the Fares:
- The fare increase has been kept to a minimum.
- Only Adult Return fares are affected.
- Fares for regular travellers using 10 trip tickets, season ticket holders and all Senior, Child and Cycle fares are left unchanged.
- 90% of fares are unchanged.
- For Adult Return fares (the only one affected) this is the first fare increase since June 1st 2019.
- Regular adult users benefit from a discounted 10 trip ticket – just £1.65 per single trip. Tickets are not time or date limited but open-ended.
- The last fare increase was on 1st June 2019.
The ferry operates 140 crossings a day, over 50,000 crossings a year; 17 ½ hours for 364 days a year and with over 99% reliability. The service provides a vital link between the city of Portsmouth and Gosport removing traffic from the very busy A32 and M275, saving a car journey of 14 miles each way.